Entries are now open for this year’s Sustainable Beauty Awards.
Organised by Ecovia Intelligence (formerly Organic Monitor), the aim of the Sustainable Beauty Awards is to give recognition to operators who are pushing the boundaries of sustainability in the beauty industry.
There are five award categories, each representing different aspects of sustainability:
- Green Formulations Award – a cosmetic or personal care range with a high level of natural or organic ingredients.
- Sustainable Packaging- a new packaging format that has a low environmental footprint in terms of design and / or materials.
- Sustainable Ingredient – a material that makes a significant difference in terms of environmental and / or social impact.
- Sustainability Pioneer – an operator that is a pioneer or leader in some aspect of sustainability.
- Sustainability Leadership – an operator that leads in various aspects of sustainability.
Entries are open to all organisations in the beauty industry, such as cosmetic brands, retailers & distributors, ingredient firms, packaging companies, NGOs, certification agencies, and related firms.
The deadline for entries is 30th September, finalists will be notified by 16th October, and the winners announced at a dedicated awards ceremony at the Paris Marriott Champs-Elysées on the evening of 6th November. The awards will be co-hosted alongside the European edition of the Sustainable Cosmetics Summit. Finalists and the eventual winners will benefit from media coverage and industry recognition of their sustainability achievements.
In previous years, the Sustainable Beauty Awards has received over 100 entries from a diverse range of operators in the beauty industry. The 2016 winners and runner-ups included Weleda, L’Oreal, Boticario Group, Croda, Speick Naturkosmetik, TRI-K Industries, Human Nature, and Synthesis Organics.
With sustainability now mainstream in the beauty industry, it has now become fashionable to make green claims. The Sustainable Beauty Awards looks to give recognition to those who are actually making a difference to communities, as well as the planet.
About the Sustainable Beauty Awards
Organised by Ecovia Intelligence, the aim of the Sustainable Beauty Awards is to give recognition to operators who are pushing the boundaries of sustainability in the beauty industry. The awards ceremony will take place on the evening of 6th November at the Paris Marriott Champs-Elysées. Media passes are available for the awards reception. More information is available from www.sustainablebeautyawards.com
Source: News Release (17/07)